Mazifeanyi, LLC is the USA’s No.1 Afro-beat space. Founded in 2018, Our aim is to provide a platform where artists in Africa are able to connect to African businesses in the diaspora. We work hard to promote African music and businesses in the diaspora. We deliver unparalleled entertainment and quality content. We are looking to hire highly skilled and motivated writers, proofreaders, and editors.
Role (Overview of the Position)
Successful candidates will copyedit, proofread and fact-check creative content for all posts on the website. This position is responsible for ensuring consistent and accurate editorial style, meeting multiple deadlines, collaborating with numerous people, innovating workflow efficiencies and taking a customer-first approach to all assignments. Key attributes include a mastery of the English Language, Strong Knowledge about the Global Entertainment Industry for the past decade at least, strong attention to detail, and effective communication skills.
- Able to write engaging and compelling entertainment post
- Must have a Bachelors degree preferably in English, mass communication, or linguistics
- Must have at least 2-4 years of verifiable experience of writing, proofreading, and copy editing.
- Excellent use of word processing software
- A Working knowledge of digital marketing
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Passion for blogging and/or familiarity with WordPress
- Able to meet tight deadline and work under pressure
- Write with grammar quality, overall concept clarity and use of content marketing/social media best practices in mind
- Monitor for and strategize with the team on trends, best practices, and ways to constantly improve content quality
Submit your resume